CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Jesus My Shadow

When I think
I'm walking alone
You are there
You are in my shadow
You're always right beside me
You never let me walk alone
You're even there when
I'm walking in a place I shouldn't be
You're there trying to get my attention
You're the gentle breeze
I feel on my shoulder
You're there reminding me
that I am not alone
that you're there with me
through all the storms in my life
You're there with me
When I'm struggling uphill
You're there with me
when I'm coasting down
When I'm walking and I feel a presence
and all I see is my shadow
It's You I see
It's You I feel
It's You in my shadow
never letting me walk alone
and never willing to let me go
When I have a dance in my step
You do too
When I'm slowly walking in defeat
You're there encouraging me
to lighten my heart
and pick up my step
My Jesus in my shadow
You'll always be
My Jesus right beside me

(c) Lindamay Carpenter
01/17/08

3 comments:

emmanuelle said...

This is lovely and really touching.
I can't wait to read more!
Blessings
Suzy

Ann Murray said...

You say in the Intro that when you're writing you're worshipping in your heart....and you've really done it here, Linda. It's truly lovely.

Linda said...

Thank- you!! :)