I look in the mirror
and I see
eyes staring back at me
They stare intensly
deep within my soul
I wonder who is that person
staring back at me
I see a person
but I don't really see me
I see an image
of what I'd like to be
an image
of what I should be
an image
of what I want to be
I stare
I try to see beyond me
but all I see
is me
Who is the person
staring back at me?
(C)Lindamay Carpenter
02/10/08
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
My Reflection
Posted by Linda at 9:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think the poem underneath this one answers your question better than anything I could say here.
But I definitely can relate to those feelings and those doubts.
Oh to see ourselves as God sees us!
Very touching verse...I often look in the mirror and ask the very same questions...You put them on "paper". Thank you. Cathy
Hi, I saw your comments over at Poetry, Prayer, and Praise and I got curious. I really like your poems and the way you taste the words and turn them around. Sometimes people try to incorporate so much in their poems and it is really nice to read someone who takes her time, trusts in her words and rests in the moment as you do in this one.
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment